Lenin (Russian: Ленин) is a Soviet nuclear-powered icebreaker. Launched in 1957, it was both the world's first nuclear-powered surface ship and the first nuclear-powered civilian vessel. Lenin entered operation in 1959 and worked clearing sea routes for cargo ships along Russia's northern coast. From 1960 to 1965 the ship covered over 85,000 miles during the Arctic navigation season, of which almost 65,000 were through ice. On April 10, 1974 the vessel was awarded the Order of Lenin. She was officially decommissioned in 1989. She was subsequently converted to a museum ship and is now permanently based at Murmansk.
Monument to the victims of the Intervention of 1918-1920 – the first monument in Murmansk, it was erected in the Leningradskaya Street in 1927. The monument stands on the site of the communal grave of 24 Bolsheviks, the victims of the Western Powers.
In 2002 on 85th anniversary of the city this memorial complex was open near the Semenovskoe Lake. The memorial includes a symbolic lighthouse of 17.5 m high.
Defenders of the Soviet Arctic during the Great Patriotic War (Russian: Защитникам Советского Заполярья в годы Великой Отечественной войны), commonly called Alyosha (Russian: 'Алёша'; Alyosha is an affectionate diminutive form of the name Aleksey) is a monument in Murmansk, Russia to Soviet soldiers, sailors, and airmen of World War II (called, in Russia, the Great Patriotic War).